Guided trips are offered throughout the semester. Most trips are geared towards entry level activities and aim to teach participants baseline knowledge of the activity. Gear, guides, and a ride are included.
The following trip schedule is “tentative” and is subject to change for any reason. Trips are also subject to being cancelled due to low participant turnout. The deadline to signup for a trip is typically the Wednesday before weekend of the event. Call the Outdoor Recreation office at 205-348-7045 for questions about the kayak sessions.
Sign up for any of our trips at the online Rec Shop.
Deadline to register is the Wednesday before the trip.
Your spot is not reserved on any trip until you have:
• Paid the trip fee/deposit
• Completed the University Recreation Release of liability/medical form
Pre-trip meetings and preparation are mandatory for all participants. If you cannot attend during the scheduled time, it is your responsibility to reschedule with your trip leader(s). You may be prevented from going on a trip due to non-participation in pre-trip meetings and preparations.
Deposits toward any/all trips or courses are non-refundable. Deposits are non-refundable because planning requires reservations and preparations for a set number of participants, and if that number changes it increases expenses for the remaining participants.
• UA Outdoor Recreation reserves the right to cancel a program due to inclement weather, natural disasters, or extenuating circumstances. In the event a program must be cancelled, a full refund will be provided.
• Participant cancellations/registration withdrawal ten (10) business days prior to an event or trip will result in a 90% refund or credit. However, a 10% administrative fee will be charged. Refunds for cash and check transactions will be in the form of a check issued by the UA Accounts Payable Department (this may take several weeks to process). Credit/Debit transactions will be refunded to the original puchasing credit/debit account.
• Participant cancellations/registration withdrawal on a trip or course with less than ten business days notice will result in no refund.
Unforeseen Circumstances: Due to the unpredictability of nature and other unforseeable circumstances, trip locations, times, dates, and the method of travel are subject to change with or without notification.
For more information about any of the trips, please contact the Outdoor Recreation office at 205-348-7045 or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org