University Recreation offers personal training sessions for patrons to work one-on-one, with a partner, or in small groups with nationally-certified personal trainers. Our trainers utilize a unique combination of equipment and bodyweight exercises to guide their clients into achieving personal fitness goals. Individual, partner, and small group programs are available and are tailored specifically to meet individual needs at both facilities. Personal Training Services are only available to UREC members.
Personal Training Services are only available to UREC members.
|Number of Sessions||Rate per Individual||Rate per Partner
How to Get Started with Personal Training:
- The first step to begin personal training is to fill out the New Personal Training Client Packet. (Please note that if you answer “Yes” to any of the questions on the “PAR-Q” form, you will be required to obtain a physician’s note clearing you for exercise).
- Once you have submitted the New Client Packet, you can purchase your Personal Training Package at our UREC Shop* or by coming in person the Membership Office located at the Student Recreation Center. *Please contact the Membership Office at 205-348-5140 if you do not have the University of Alabama credentials.
- After you have purchased your sessions, you will be contacted by Fitness Services and your Personal Trainer to begin your new fitness program.
Bod Pod Body Composition Assessment
An assessment of body composition through the use of air displacement. The Bod Pod is a non-invasive procedure that requires the individual to sit quietly for approximately 45 seconds in a specially designed chamber. The Bod Pod is one of the most accurate measures of body composition that provides a breakdown of your body fat and lean muscle mass. A Bod Pod assessment is $30 for members and $40 for non-members.
How to Schedule a Bod Pod Assessment:
- If you are currently a member at the Student Recreation Center, you can purchase the assessment online at the UREC Shop. For non-members, please visit the Membership Office or call them at 205-348-5140.
- After you have purchased the assessment, you will be contacted by Fitness Services for scheduling.