Enjoy intramural sports year-round with University Recreation! Upcoming events can be found below.
Friday Night Series Sports
- Indoor Soccer (Witt Center) | Registration: January 12 – February 1| Event: February 4| Cost: free
- Pickleball | Registration: January 26 – February 15| Event: February 18 | Cost: free
- Kickball | Registration: March 2 – March 22| Event: March 25| Cost: free
- Spikeball | Registration: March 23- April 12 |April 15| Cost: free
Spring League Sports
- 5v5 Basketball| Registration: January 12- January 26| Season begins: January 30 | Cost: $60 per team
- 4v4 Flag Football | Registration: January 12 – Wednesday, February 9 | Season begins: February 13| Cost: $30 per team
- Softball| Registration: January 12- February 23| Season begins: February 27 | Cost: $60 per team
- Dodgeball| Registration: January 12 – March 23|Season begins: March 29 | Cost: $30 per team
Step 1: Create Your Team Online
- Go to urecshop.ua.edu and login in using the MyBama portal and selecting Sport Programs.
- This step does not guarantee your team a spot, day, or time in a league
- More information on registration, eligibility, sportsmanship, and other guidelines is available in the Intramural Sports Participant Guide Participants are highly encouraged to review the handbook
Step 2: Pay Your Team Fee
- Captains or team members can visit in person or call the Sport Programs Office after signing up their team to pay the team fee.
- Teams will also select jersey colors at this time. Colors can only be used once per division
Step 3: Fill Your Roster
- All players must be on the online roster prior to playing, which includes an assumption of risk form.
- Use urecshop.ua.edu to add players and complete paperwork
- All players must complete a quiz and assumption of risk form prior to participating
- Any participants under the age of 18 must also have a UREC Liability Waiver on file in the Sport Programs Office by 2 p.m. the day of their first participation. The form can be completed on the IMLeagues website.
Intramural Sports hires over 50 students each semester as sports officials. All training necessary to officiate is provided through University Recreation. Visit our Employment Opportunities page for more details!