Enjoy intramural sports year-round with University Recreation! Upcoming events can be found below.
Friday Night Series Sports
Friday Night Series are free to students and will take place from 4-7 p.m.
|E-Sports||Jan. 11- Jan. 18||Jan. 20||Studio A & B
|4v4 Volleyball||Jan. 11- Feb. 15||Feb. 17||South Gym Courts 1 & 2
|Battleship||Jan. 11- March 22||March 24||SRC Indoor Pool
|5k Get Together||Jan. 11- April 12||April 14||Perimeter of the Outdoor Fields & Tennis Courts
Spring League Sports
|Sport||Registration||Season Starts||Location||Cost per Team
|Basketball||Jan. 11 - Jan. 25||Jan. 29||SRC South Gym||$60
|Indoor Soccer||Jan. 11 - Feb. 8||Feb. 13||Witt Court 1||$30
|Softball||Jan. 11 - Feb. 22||Feb. 26||SRC Fields||$60
|Dodgeball||Jan. 11 - March 22||March 27||SRC South Gym||$30
Step 1: Create Your Team Online
- Go to urecshop.ua.edu and login in using the MyBama portal and selecting Sport Programs.
- This step does not guarantee your team a spot, day, or time in a league
- More information on registration, eligibility, sportsmanship and other guidelines is available in the Intramural Sports Participant Guide Participants are highly encouraged to review the handbook
Step 2: Pay Your Team Fee
Your team’s place is not solidified until the team fee is paid.
- Captains or team members can visit in person or call the Sport Programs Office after signing up their team to pay the team fee.
- Teams will also select jersey colors at this time. Colors can only be used once per division
Step 3: Fill Your Roster
- All players must be on the online roster prior to playing, which includes an assumption of risk form.
- Use urecshop.ua.edu to add players and complete paperwork
- All players must complete a quiz and assumption of risk form prior to participating
- Any participants under the age of 18 must also have a UREC Liability Waiver on file in the Sport Programs Office by 2 p.m. the day of their first participation. The form can be completed on the IMLeagues website.
Intramural Sports hires over 50 students each semester as sports officials. All training necessary to officiate is provided through University Recreation. Visit our Employment Opportunities page for more details!