Sport Club Handbook
The Sport Club Handbook contains policies governing participation in Sports Clubs and is a helpful resource for understanding various aspects of the program.
Sport Club Forms
- Concussion Return to Play Clearance Form – After a suspected concussion, participants must be cleared for play by a Qualified Physician. This form must be turned into Competitive Sports prior to returning to play or utilizing any University Recreation Facilities.
- FERPA Form – Each participant must complete a FERPA form when a league or event requires the Registrar to verify enrollment or other enrollment information. These forms should be turned into Competitive Sports who will take them to the Registrar and require a minimum of one week turn around.
- Roster – All participants must be added to the IMLeagues roster for each club prior to participation, including tryouts. Participants must complete the online Release of Liability Form and Concussion Statement through IMLeagues. (If under 19, see Release of Liability Form)
- Release of Liability Form – Must be completed by participants, including visiting teams, prior to an activity.
- Participants under 19 are considered minors in Alabama and must have a Release of Liability Form completed by a parent or guardian. Forms can be scanned and sent to SportClubs@ua.edu, photos will not be accepted. Forms must be received by 12pm Monday-Friday for participation that evening or weekend.
- Travel Reimbursement Form – Used to reimburse individuals or a club for club business from a UREC account. The Intent to Travel Form and Activity Report must have been turned in on time for travel reimbursements. A separate form must be used for each individual that made purchases.
- Volunteer Agreement & Release Form – Must be completed by coaches, advisors, or other club volunteers prior to volunteering with a club.
- Activity Report Form – Home and away contests must be reported by the following Wednesday via IMLeagues.
- Incident Report Form– Incidents involving club participants including, but is not limited to: sportsmanship, obscene behavior, compliance, illegal activity, excessive physical contact, or alcohol should be reported to Competitive Sports as soon as possible. Please reach out to your club liaison directly for severe incidents within 24 hours.
- Injury Report Form – Injuries that involve club participants off campus should be reported by club officers within 1 business day upon returning to campus. Injuries that require a hospital visit should be reported to the club liaison immediately. Suspected concussions should be reported to Competitive Sports regardless of it occurred at a club event or not.
- Intent to Travel Form – Travel information must be provided via IMLeagues by the Wednesday prior to travel. This information on where the and when the club is traveling, the route being taken, who is traveling, and other important trip details.
- Officer/Coach Information Form – Let Competitive Sports know if there is a change in officers or coaches by completing new contact information.
Competitive Sports Office Information
The Competitive Sports Office is located in the atrium of the Student Recreation Center (401 Peter Bryce Blvd, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401)
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Please call for holiday and summer hours)
Email Address: SportClubs@ua.edu
Competitive Sports Office Phone: 205-348-8055
USPS Mailing Address: Student Recreation Center, Box 870373, Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35487