The Water Safety Today course is currently not available. Please check back next semester.
The purpose of the Water Safety Today course is to teach participants how to recognize and respond to emergencies in and around the water. Topics include:
- How to recognize, prevent, and respond to emergencies in and around the water.
- Appropriate safety practices and rules that should be in place and enforced at home pools.
- Steps one can take to remain safe in oceans, lakes, rivers, and home pools.
Home Pool Safety is a presentation to provide home pool owners and users with information to stay safe in an aquatic environment. Topics include:
- Identifying basic lifesaving techniques that can be sued to help someone who is in trouble in the water.
- Discussion of safety precautions that homeowners should consider when hosting guests in their pool.
Approximately 2.5 hours
Currently, there are no courses scheduled.
Course Enrollment Information
- Enrollment deadline – The deadline to register is one week prior to the course start date.
- Cancellation/Refunds – You may be eligible to receive a full refund for all course fees paid if you cancel prior to the enrollment deadline or if University Recreation cancels the course. Cancellation requests received after the course enrollment deadline will not be eligible for a refund. Registrants failing to show or who do not meet course prerequisites will not be eligible for a refund.
- Registration Location – The University of Alabama Student Recreation Center, Membership Services Office located at 400
Peter Bryce Boulevard, Tuscaloosa, Alabama, 35401