The purpose of the American Red Cross Lifeguard Review course is to give individuals the opportunity to review the course content within a formal course setting. The review course format optimizes a participant’s ability to successfully complete the knowledge and skills evaluations to earn recertification in Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED.
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguarding course completion certificate.
- Successfully perform the Lifeguarding course prerequisite swimming skills.
- Attend and participate in all class sessions.
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills and activities.
- Demonstrate competency in all required final rescue skill scenarios.
- Pass the CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid and Lifeguarding final written exams with at least a score of 80%.
Access to digital text and personal safety equipment are provided.
- Classroom and pool time equal about 10 hours total
- UA Student $90
- UREC Member $115
- Non-Member $140
Course Enrollment Information
- Registration Location – The University of Alabama Student Recreation Center, Membership Services Office located at 400 Peter Bryce Boulevard, Tuscaloosa, Alabama, 35401 or UREC Members may register via our member portal.
- Enrollment deadline – The deadline to register is one week prior to the course start date.
- Cancellation/Refunds – Your registration holds your spot in the class. We request notice of cancellation in writing at least three (3) business days prior to the session start date. Cancellation requests received after the session start date may not be granted. Refunds are not issued if the prerequisite assessment is not successful, if a student fails to show up for the course, or if a student is unable to continue with the course. You will be eligible to receive a full refund for all course fees if University Recreation cancels the course.
Please note that if we must cancel a class for weather or facility issues, we will do our best to contact you as soon as possible using the contact information you provide through registration and either reschedule or offer a refund.