The American Red Cross Lifeguarding Instructor Review course is an abbreviated recertification course for currently certified Instructors. The purpose of the course is to allow participants to review the course content and practice skills in a formal setting and complete the final written exam.
- Possess and provide proof of a current (r.2017) American Red Cross Lifeguarding Instructor certification
- Obtain all instructor and participant materials before entering the first session of the instructor course:
- American Red Cross Lifeguarding Instructor’s Manual
- Lifeguarding course presentation and/or DVD
- American Red Cross Lifeguarding Manual
Purchase Lifeguarding Manual and Lifeguarding Instructor Manual at the Red Cross Store
Course Dates – Temporarily Suspended
- UA Student $110
- UREC Member $135
- Non-Member $160
Course Enrollment Information
- Enrollment deadline – The deadline to register is three weeks prior to the course start date.
- Cancellation/Refunds – You may be eligible to receive a full refund for all course fees paid if you cancel prior to the
enrollment deadline or if University Recreation cancels the course. Cancellation requests received after the course
enrollment deadline will not be eligible for a refund. Registrants failing to show or who do not meet course prerequisites
will not be eligible for a refund.
- Registration Location – The University of Alabama Student Recreation Center, Membership Services Office located at 400
Peter Bryce Boulevard, Tuscaloosa, Alabama, 35401