The purpose of the American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor course is to train Instructor Candidates to teach courses and presentations in the American Red Cross Swimming and Water Safety program by developing their understanding of how to use the course materials, how to conduct training sessions, and how to evaluate participants’ progress.
- Be at least 16 years of age on or before the final scheduled class date of the course.
- Have successfully completed the Fundamentals of Instructor Training course.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform swimming skills consistent with Level 4 Stroke Performance:
Swim 25 yards each of Front Crawl, Back Crawl, Breaststroke, Elementary Backstroke, Sidestroke, and 15 yards of Butterfly.
- Maintain position on the back for 1-minute in deep water
- Tread water for 1-minute
Purchase Swimming and Water Safety Manual (Centennial Edition) and Water Safety Instructor Manual (Centennial Edition) at the Red Cross Store
- Email Ryan Sanders to schedule a custom course for your staff. If a course is needed to fulfill a job requirement, feel free to contact us to discuss further
- UA Student $200
- UREC Member $225
- Non-Member $250