The primary purpose of the American Red Cross Lifeguarding Instructor course is to train Instructor Candidates to teach the American Red Cross Lifeguarding courses.
- Be at least 17 years of age on or before the final scheduled class date of the course.
- Possess a current basic-level certification:
o American Red Cross Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and Health Care Provider
o An equivalent certificate from another organization.
- Successfully complete the online Introduction to the Lifeguarding Instructor course prior to the Precourse Skills session
via the class roster and online content completion status report.
- Obtain all instructor and participant materials before entering the first session of the instructor course:
o American Red Cross Lifeguarding Instructor’s Manual
o Lifeguarding course presentation and/or DVD
o American Red Cross Lifeguarding Manual
Purchase Lifeguarding Manual and Lifeguarding Instructor Manual at the Red Cross Store
Course Dates – Temporarily Suspended
- UA Student $200
- UREC Member $225
- Non-Member $250
Course Enrollment Information
- Enrollment deadline – The deadline to register is three weeks prior to the course start date.
- Cancellation/Refunds – You may be eligible to receive a full refund for all course fees paid if you cancel prior to the
enrollment deadline or if University Recreation cancels the course. Cancellation requests received after the course
enrollment deadline will not be eligible for a refund. Registrants failing to show or who do not meet course prerequisites
will not be eligible for a refund.
- Registration Location – The University of Alabama Student Recreation Center, Membership Services Office located at 400
Peter Bryce Boulevard, Tuscaloosa, Alabama, 35401