Remember, you share the pool water with everyone. You can help keep germs from causing recreational water illnesses by practicing good hygiene and not swimming when sick. Additional practices to help keep germs out of the pool include ensuring your kids take restroom breaks, changing diapers at diaper-changing areas only, and showering before swimming. Limited handouts are available at the Outdoor Pool Welcome Station/Check-in Counter. For additional information, visit the CDC website for Healthy Swimming. See Hours of Operation for scheduled closures. Closures and/or schedule modifications may occur as needed.
General Swimming Pool Safety for SRC Indoor and Outdoor Pools
- Pools 5 feet deep or less are considered Shallow water, NO DIVING.
- Failure to comply with the safety guidelines and policies will result in loss of membership privileges.
- Follow lifeguard /staff instructions, especially in the event of severe weather or an emergency.
- Parents /adult caregivers are responsible for their children at all times.
- Non-swimmers and floatation-dependent swimmers require “touch supervision” always within arm’s reach of a parent/adult caregiver.
- Prolonged breath-holding/underwater swimming is prohibited.
- Proper swim attire is required.
- Any person having open cuts, sores, poison ivy/oak shall not use the pool if it presents a hazard to themselves or other patrons.
- The Kiddie pool is for children under the age of 7, and is not lifeguarded; parents/guardians are responsible for the safety of their children.
- Any swimmer who wears diapers is required to wear plastic pants with snug fitting legs or nylon “swim-diapers”. Assist young children in making frequent visits to the restroom.
- Alcohol, tobacco products, and illegal drugs are not permitted.
- Running, diving, discourteous conduct and boisterous play are not permitted.
- Glass, breakable containers and pets are not permitted in the pool area.
- UREC aquatic facilities may not be used for private instruction or to provide services not approved in writing by UREC, e.g. private swim or diving lesson.
- The use of profanity is prohibited.
- All swimmers should soap shower thoroughly before entering any pool and after using the toilet.
- If you have had the flu or diarrhea in the last two weeks, do not swim.
- Children 4 years of age or older are not permitted in opposite sex locker/dressing rooms. The family changing rooms are available for such use.
- A limited number of waterpark type tubes are provided for use in the Lazy River; not permitted in the Kiddie pool.
- Outside Food is not permitted within the pool area. Picnic tables are available on the front portico.
- If you plan to purchase food and snacks from the concession stand, please eat in the picnic areas.
Avoid eating or chewing gum while swimming.
- HAVE FUN!
General Waterslide Safety Rules
- Minimum Height-48 Inches
- Maximum weight-300 pounds
- Only one rider at a time.
- Follow instructions of the Attendant.
Exit the plunge pool promptly after entering