General Swimming Pool Safety for SRC Indoor and Outdoor Pools
- Pools 5 feet deep or less are considered Shallow water, NO DIVING.
- Failure to comply with the safety guidelines and policies will result in loss of membership privileges.
- Follow lifeguard /staff instructions, especially in the event of severe weather or an emergency.
- Parents /adult caregivers are responsible for their children at all times.
- Non-swimmers and floatation-dependent swimmers require “touch supervision” always within arm’s reach of a parent/adult caregiver.
- Prolonged breath-holding/underwater swimming is prohibited.
- Proper swim attire is required.
- Any person having open cuts, sores, poison ivy/oak shall not use the pool if it presents a hazard to themselves or other patrons.
- The Kiddie pool is for children under the age of 7, and is not lifeguarded; parents/guardians are responsible for the safety of their children.
- Any swimmer who wears diapers is required to wear plastic pants with snug fitting legs or nylon “swim-diapers”. Assist young children in making frequent visits to the restroom.
- Alcohol, tobacco products, and illegal drugs are not permitted.
- Running, diving, discourteous conduct and boisterous play are not permitted.
- Glass, breakable containers and pets are not permitted in the pool area.
- UREC aquatic facilities may not be used for private instruction or to provide services not approved in writing by UREC, e.g. private swim or diving lesson.
- The use of profanity is prohibited.
- All swimmers should soap shower thoroughly before entering any pool and after using the toilet.
- If you have had the flu or diarrhea in the last two weeks, do not swim.
- Children 4 years of age or older are not permitted in opposite sex locker/dressing rooms. The family changing rooms are available for such use.
- A limited number of waterpark type tubes are provided for use in the Lazy River; not permitted in the Kiddie pool.
- Outside Food is not permitted within the pool area. Picnic tables are available on the front portico.
- If you plan to purchase food and snacks from the concession stand, please eat in the picnic areas.
Avoid eating or chewing gum while swimming.
- HAVE FUN!
General Waterslide Safety Rules
- Minimum Height-48 Inches
- Maximum weight-300 pounds
- Only one rider at a time.
- Follow instructions of the Attendant.
Exit the plunge pool promptly after entering