University Recreation (UREC) encourages all of its facility users to do their part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. For the safety and well-being of our UA community, and as advised by the Alabama Department of Public Health, UREC is implementing the following requirements for users of its facilities:
Face Coverings Are Required for All Individuals
- At all indoor UREC facilities, patrons must wear a mask to enter and move about the facility, effective August 6, 2021.
- Patrons may remove masks only when actively engaged in exercise activities.
- For the complete University update visit their website.
Physical Distancing is Required
- Physical distancing requirements have changed from 6 feet to at least 3 feet, regardless of space/capacity, between individuals not from the same household.
- Plexiglass dividers can be requested where distancing is difficult to maintain and to enhance the use of areas where masks and other mitigation strategies are also required.
Practice Safe Hygiene
- Proper handwashing and hygiene practices are also required.
- Touchless hand sanitizer stations are provided throughout campus, and cleaning protocols have been upgraded.
- Individuals are responsible for cleaning/sanitizing personal workspaces.
- Basketball, racquetball, squash, volleyball, or badminton courts
- Bama Bike rentals
- Cardio loft. All machines are six feet apart.
- Family Change Rooms
- Group exercise classes
- Indoor track
- Items for purchase at the SRC Pro Shop (tennis balls/rackets, headphones, etc)
- Locker rooms and access to rented lockers
- Membership Office
- North gym (individual workouts only: jump rope, bodyweight exercises, etc)
- Outdoor Pool
- Outdoor Recreation Rental Center
- Personal training sessions
- Pilates reformer sessions and classes
- Table tennis (equipment not available)
- UREC field complex
- UREC tennis courts
- Virtual fitness classes – YouTube
- Water bottle filling stations
- Weight room – Patrons are to use only one piece of equipment at a time (no circuits or “super setting”) so that machines are cleaned after use. All machines are six feet apart.
- Cash transactions
- Equipment checkout (keys, basketballs, weight belts, etc)
- Family hours
- Indoor pool
- Sauna and steam room
- Swim Lessons
- Towel service
- Water fountains