All of our facilities are now open, please visit our Hours of Operation webpage for facility and program hours.
University Recreation (UREC) encourages all of its facility users to do their part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. For the safety and well-being of our UA community, and as advised by the Alabama Department of Public Health, UREC is implementing the following requirements for users of its facilities:
- Keep your distance. Please practice appropriate social/physical distancing by staying at least six feet away from others.
- Wear your mask. Facial coverings that cover the nose and mouth are required at all times when inside a UREC facility. Masks are required at fields and tennis courts when social distancing cannot be maintained and during group activities.
- Wipe down equipment. Wipe equipment before and after your workout using the cleaning materials provided.
- Stay home if you are sick. Do not visit a UREC facility if you:
- Have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19;
- Have had a fever of 100.4 or higher in the last 48 hours; and/or
- Are currently experiencing any symptom of COVID-19 as identified by the CDC, including:
- Fever or chills;
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing;
- Muscle or body aches;
- New loss of taste or smell;
- Sore throat;
- Congestion or runny nose;
- Nausea or vomiting;
Please be respectful of others and help us provide a safe environment in our UREC facilities by following these requirements.
- Bama Bike rentals
- Cardio loft. All machines are six feet apart.
- Group exercise classes
- Indoor track
- UREC field complex
o Group activity by reservation only
o Individual workouts permitted
- Items for purchase at the SRC Pro Shop (tennis balls/rackets, headphones, etc)
- Locker rooms and access to rented lockers
- Membership Office
- North gym (individual workouts only: jump rope, bodyweight exercises, etc)
- Outdoor Recreation Rental Center
- Personal training sessions
- Pilates reformer sessions and classes
- Table tennis (equipment not available)
- UREC tennis courts
- Virtual fitness classes – YouTube
- Water bottle filling stations
- Weight room – Patrons are to use only one piece of equipment at a time (no circuits or “super setting”) so that machines are cleaned after use. All machines are six feet apart.
- Basketball, racquetball, squash, volleyball, or badminton courts
- Cash transactions
- Equipment checkout (keys, basketballs, weight belts, etc)
- Family Changing Rooms
- Family hours
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor Pool
- Sauna and steam room
- Swim Lessons
- South gym
- Towel service
- Water fountains