University Recreation (UREC) encourages all of its facility users to do their part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. For the safety and well-being of our UA community, and as advised by the Alabama Department of Public Health, UREC is implementing the following requirements for users of its facilities:
Face Coverings Are Not Required for Fully Vaccinated Individuals
- People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Masks will continue to be required in all clinical settings, inside the University Medical Center and the Student Health Center, and on the Crimson Ride buses.
Face Coverings Are Required for Unvaccinated Individuals
- Masks are necessary outdoors only when physical distancing is not possible among individuals in groups.
- Unless alone in an office, workspace, room/suite. Exceptions include:
- in indoor athletic facilities while actively participating in athletic activities, unless required by the facility; or
- while actively participating in intercollegiate activities.
Physical Distancing is Required
- Physical distancing requirements have changed from 6 feet to at least 3 feet, regardless of space/capacity, between individuals not from the same household.
- Plexiglass dividers can be requested where distancing is difficult to maintain and to enhance the use of areas where masks and other mitigation strategies are also required.
Practice Safe Hygiene
- Proper handwashing and hygiene practices are also required.
- Touchless hand sanitizer stations are provided throughout campus, and cleaning protocols have been upgraded.
- Individuals are responsible for cleaning/sanitizing personal workspaces.
- Basketball, racquetball, squash, volleyball, or badminton courts
- Bama Bike rentals
- Cardio loft. All machines are six feet apart.
- Family Change Rooms
- Group exercise classes
- Indoor track
- Items for purchase at the SRC Pro Shop (tennis balls/rackets, headphones, etc)
- Locker rooms and access to rented lockers
- Membership Office
- North gym (individual workouts only: jump rope, bodyweight exercises, etc)
- Outdoor Pool
- Outdoor Recreation Rental Center
- Personal training sessions
- Pilates reformer sessions and classes
- Table tennis (equipment not available)
- UREC field complex
- UREC tennis courts
- Virtual fitness classes – YouTube
- Water bottle filling stations
- Weight room – Patrons are to use only one piece of equipment at a time (no circuits or “super setting”) so that machines are cleaned after use. All machines are six feet apart.
- Cash transactions
- Equipment checkout (keys, basketballs, weight belts, etc)
- Family hours
- Indoor pool
- Sauna and steam room
- Swim Lessons
- Towel service
- Water fountains